fot

Re: Calling you tire/suspension experts

To: "Don Marshall" <marshall@nefcom.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Calling you tire/suspension experts
From: "kas kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:30:47 -0700
  This feathering of the tire happens in any tire (treaded type) that is
driven quickly.  My Maxima 6 speed has front tires that have the same little
cups along the edge that you can see on any race car. The edges in the
center are the same also.  The tread MOVES around.  That's why you want lap
times, you buff off at least half of the tread so that the tread face is
stable. I once just replaced just the rear tires on my Chevie Powered Iso
Grifo and it turned from a nice very fast fun neutral car to an oversteering
devil.  Had to buy front tires then to get the balance back.