fot

Re: Crankshafts

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crankshafts
From: "John Price" <jprice1@txcyber.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:25:26 -0500
Ron:

   If you haven't read Kas Kastners dissertation on TR-6 crankshafts, you
need to. There is a harmonic in the crank that occurs in the 6-7K rpm range.
It is a function of the design of the crankshaft and going to a billet crank
will not eliminate it. The bottom line is that even if the crank doesn't
break, the vibration will destroy lots of other bits in the engine. Smart
TR-6rs limit reve to 6000 rpm.

John Prie