fot

bearing width

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: bearing width
From: "mordy dunst/ gasket works" <gasket.works@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:01:43 -0700
Granted, the TR tractor motor has a stout three main crank.. it's ability to
tolorate what we through at it is really amazing.     But, the key here is
three mains.  I am not convinced that decreasing the rod jo diam is a good
thing.  It would seem that the advantage is reduced bearing speed but,
disadvantage in increasing the unit bearing load?  So, if our cranks are
made with smaller rod journals will this be a problem in three Main
cranks? -especially with flex harmonics?.

But, if the bottom end of the rod is narrowed the crank journal would either
have to be welded up or spaced would this then distribute the load and
mitigate against  this increased load?

M. Dunst