fot

RE: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers
From: "Randall" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 00:21:08 -0800
> I have another nearly identical exhaust header I can use.
> Someone was going
> to put it on his street TR-3.  He gave the header to me after I
> told him what
> he had to do to install it. -- pull the transmission, install a
> TR-4 flywheel,
> and install the shorter starter motor.

Shame on you, Bill, for such a calumny !  The gear drive starters will allow
the TR4 headers to be used with the TR3 flywheel, and only take a few
minutes to bolt on.

Sorry, can't comment on the exhaust tuning, except that I've been told that
most "flexible" exhaust tubing is very restrictive for it's size because the
ridges cause turbulence.  The woven stuff is supposed to be better.

Randall