fot

Re: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers

To: ryoung@navcomtech.com, fot@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR Related, Final Project, Exhaust Headers
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 11:50:46 EST
In a message dated 12/2/04 12:21:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

<< Shame on you, Bill, for such a calumny !  The gear drive starters will
allow
 the TR4 headers to be used with the TR3 flywheel, and only take a few
 minutes to bolt on. >>

You learn something new every day.  This incident took place several years
ago when I was still ruining Lucas starters, and getting them rebuilt.  I use
try to have three of them ready at all times.

The super starter came shortly after this incident, but I didn't know that
they would work with the TR-3 ring gear.  Another calamity was knocking the
ring
gear off of the flywheel.  The super starter also allows me to use certain
TR-3 transmission casings without drilling a hole in them for the long Lucus
starter nose.