fot

RE: Possibility of rebirth of Triumph?

To: <Herald948@aol.com>, <fot@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Possibility of rebirth of Triumph?
From: "Jim" <britbits@tiu.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 21:49:07 -0600
Well, if you're going to bring back the Triumph name, there must be some
"hook" on tradition, whether it's just in building convertibles or sports
cars or whatever.  Otherwise it's just some expensive sheetmetal with a
familiar name.

BMW has the advantage with the Mini of almost not needing to advertise (but
with a heck of a great advertising campaign anyway!) in order to build
interest in the car.  Heck, after a 35 year absence, the namesake to the
original transverse engined FWD pocket rocket returns.  Yes, I'm sure that
many owners have idea that the name is 46 years old, unless they peek at the
"new" Italian Job.  ;)

The problem is that any convertibles could potentially take traffic away
from the BMW Z series.

Maybe a "new" Mayflower?  ;)

Cheers,

Jim