fot

RE: TR3 rack & pinion

To: "'Fubog1@aol.com'" <Fubog1@aol.com>, m-syork@comcast.net,
Subject: RE: TR3 rack & pinion
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:35:12 -0700
I'd be worried about bump steer with any conversion. The rack looks a little
long, though that's hard to tell from the picture. You can tune out a lot of
bump steer even with a really bad starting geometry, but it's best to start
with something close. I saw the front end of the current Renault F1 car when
I was in France, and the rack is impossibly small. Amazing stuff. The link
rod is smaller in diameter than a pencil. I took a ton of pictures of the
guts. Amazing stuff. The injectors work just like the ones on my MV
Agusta--they spray right into the open air above the air horns.