fot

RE: TR3 rack & pinion

To: "Mark York" <m-syork@comcast.net>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 rack & pinion
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 16:20:32 -0400
     I have installed a rack on TR3s before and for the street, they are the
best thing you can do to one to improve handling. It makes the car turn
extremely easy. With the car barely rolling across the floor, you can turn
it with one finger as if it had power steering. And when driving it, it was
smooth and crisp. I was not that concerned with bump steer, etc. on the
street car but I can't believe it was too far off or that you can not adjust
it. The biggest difference I see with this kit is that you have to cut the
frame some. The kit I used did not require any frame modification so it
could be converted back at any time. You did need the adjustable steering
column though and a TR6 steering ujoint. It was an easy swap except for
having to remove the front of the car to do it. But on a race car that
should not be as bad as a nice street car that has any filler up front. I
would put one in a TR3 if I had one.   Barry