fot

Re: TR3 rack & pinion

To: ejmajor250@comcast.net, britcars@bellsouth.net, m-syork@comcast.net,
Subject: Re: TR3 rack & pinion
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:26:09 EDT
In a message dated 7/27/05 2:53:26 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
ejmajor250@comcast.net writes:

<< I have to agree with Barry, I put one of the Roanoke, VA conversions in my
 '58 TR3A, back in the winter of '02, took it to Mossport in '03, to VIR in
 '04 and Atlanta this year and I will never go back to the old set up. Bolts
 right up. The only problem that I have is that everyone is sick of hearing
 me brag of how great it is!

I looked at Ed's rack and pinion on his TR-3, and it really looks impressive.
 On a stock suspension, it is supposed to eliminate some bump steer, but I do
not know what it will do with the front end dropped down for racing purposes.
 You may get into some modifications

If you make the front end suspension as hard as a rock, some of the bump
steer is eliminated.  I know that some of the High Tech, rapid people like
Hardy
used this steering setup.