fot

RE: Hurrican Katrina Challenge -- NOT gas price whining!

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hurrican Katrina Challenge -- NOT gas price whining!
From: "Jim" <britbits@tiu.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 23:05:48 -0500
What's interesting is that one radio station in Dallas is saying "money
only" for the Red Cross.. And another was organizing (and helping pack/move)
a goods donation center at the Red Cross.  I suspect that the cash will do
more good, as they won't have to worry about the transport and sorting
logistics of donated goods.

I'm still waiting to hear how my brother fared, his house was 1/4 mile from
the Gulf in the Pascagula/Biloxi area.  So my donations might stay in the
family, literally.  Luckily he and the family made it up to Jackson to ride
out the storm.

All we got in Dallas was a breath of cooler air (highs dropped into the 90s
from the low 100s) and the spectacle of non-stop gas price adjustments.

You just gotta say a prayer that they can clean up the mess that is New
Orleans.

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas