fot

Re: Replacing the front brake rubbers

To: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: Replacing the front brake rubbers
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 20:29:46 -0500
Yes, you're darned right. The last two times I overhauled calipers I
had exactly the same problem. I'm convinced that something changed --
the mold, the compound, something. Fortunately I was doing the work
on race cars and not street cars, so I just left that darned dust
cover off, rationalizing that on a race car these things are taken
apartr rather frequently, etc etc, but I pointed out to the owner
what I had done. I, too, spent several hours on it with no luck.