fot

RE: Replacing the front brake rubbers

To: "'Larry Young '" <cartravel@pobox.com>,
Subject: RE: Replacing the front brake rubbers
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 17:04:18 -0700
 It would be really cool to have some company duplicate the aluminum
Girlings that I have on Peyote (I think they were actually manufactured by
AP under Girling license), and at the same time upgrade the piston, seal,
and gaiter fit. They look just like cast iron girlings painted siver, weigh
a fraction as much, and could be made with hard chrome bores instead of
plain aluminum or shrunk-in steel liners. They'd be expensive, but not as
much as I paid. Mine came from the stash of a vintage F1 car restorer.