fot

RE: Replacing the front brake rubbers

To: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>, "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Replacing the front brake rubbers
From: "barry rosenberg" <britcars@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 07:21:43 -0400
     Having worked on British cars for over 30 years, I still have some with
the original TOB carriers. For a new one to wear quickly would lead me to
think some one road the clutch pedal. I would not say it is out of
adjustment as the slave cylinder design will keep only minimum pressure on
the TOB so that there is no great amount of free play between the TOB and
pressure plate. However, I always try to use original parts to avoid as much
as the repro junk as I can. You know, you can take the original carrier and
relocate the little pin that stops it from rotating and re-use the carrier,
several times. I also only recommend Borg & Beck clutch assemblies as the
Quinton Hazel usually lasts a very short time. I have never had a problem
with the B&B units.  Barry