fot

Re: Car Classification -.... and RULES

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Classification -.... and RULES
From: tom strange <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 11:00:00 -0800 (PST)
Ooookay .....
    time to put foot in mouth..
    Coming from one who has the fiberglass etc bonnet with good
reason, other glass without .. and other parts etc.  I am not a front
runner, and dont expect to find myself there soon, but I do have fun
running, and I dont think I am a hinderance to many of the others out
there.
    I really dont want to be sent home, and I dont have any problem
with being put with a group of cars of similar speeds / times.  This I
think is a viable alternative.
    Alternative two as I see it, is a solution of Midwestern
Councils'.  With them I run "UNR" .. "unrestricted" .. which means I
am not legal, but I can race with my friends, I just cant collect
points for championship... again not a problem for me.

    Now what I think is something to think about..... "ATTITUDE"
    In the Bric melee, it is my understanding a front runner (5th or
6th place) jumped the start and caused a major accident.  Fortunately
the cars were preped well enough to protect all the drivers.
Midwestern Council hasnt had this type of problem, because they simply
dont allow it.  Do this in council, and you will be black flagged.
Its well know, understood and respected.
    I have been hit by a driver who stated "I do what I have to"
.. this driver and some others soon after were asked by Council to
leave and not come back.
    The attitude simply cannot be tollerated.
    The cars dont cause problems, the drivers do.
    If someone wants to over prep their car (within some sort of
reason), let them... just move them to a comparable group of lap
times.  For those who choose to run more period correct, let them run
in their proper group where they are competitive.  Anyone not in a
competitive group is not having the fun they should be.
    Put us all in groups we can run consistantly with, keep the
dollars flowing in from the entries, let Susan in her quite period
correct car, keep beating me, (the over preped one)...  (yes,
eventually I'll hang my head in shame ;>( ...
    If we work on keeping the people with the bad attitudes at bay,
most of these issues will probably never be issues.

    Flame away....