fot

Re: Misfire in left hand curves

To: jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Misfire in left hand curves
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 22:36:13 EST
In a message dated 12/29/05 9:35:01 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi writes:

<< The fault must be at fuel supply as all the ignition parts
 were replaced during the season a the fault still stayed there.
 However, it shouldn't be the fuel supply from the tank as it does the
 same with full tank as well. Haven't checked the fuel pressure though >>

I have had this problem several times down through the decades.  Initially, I
had wasted hours of time blaming all sorts of different things, which didn't
correct the problem.  It has always turned out to be the fuel pump, even
though the pump tests out as good.  Now, the first thing that I do is to change
out
the pump.  I always carry a new electric pump with me, since one weekend I
had to struggle a mechanical pump onto the engine at the track to make a race.