fot

Misfire in left hand curves

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Misfire in left hand curves
From: Jari Tabell <jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:34:08 +0200
Greetings from Finland,

I 've finally started to do the winter overhaul for my Spitfire and one
of the issues that need some attention is the curios misfire that takes
place only in some 2nd gear left hand corners. The engine just looses
its power for a second or less, and then runs again as nothing had
happened. The fault must be at fuel supply as all the ingition parts
were replaced during the season an the fault still stayed there.
However, it shouldn't be the fuel supply from the tank as it does the
same with full tank as well. Haven't checked the fuel pressure though.

The car has 1147cc engine fitted with SAH 8 port head and twin Weber
DCOE 40s.

So... I'd appreciate any suggestions of the possible cause. I can't try
it very soon though as the engine is now in bits and pieces and there's
approx one foot snow outside...

Regards
Jari
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jtabell/