fot

[FOT] Hoosier Speedsters

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Hoosier Speedsters
From: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 17:41:01 -0700
Fellow racers:

Ran the Hoosier Speedsters for the first time this past weekend at Thunderhill
Raceway on my TR-4.  Overall impression is very favorable.  My car has stock
transmission, diff, rear shocks, no rear sway bar, stock front suspension (ie,
zero degrees camber), 185/65R-15 tire size with the ambient air temperature
between 90 to 100 degrees both days.  Started with 25 lbs front rear and
experienced a bit of sliding in corners although this was the first heat cycle
on the tires.  Tried 22 lbs in the qualifying race and was "slideways" in
every corner, very slippery but had a ball driving the car.  Next session
tried 30 lbs front and 32 rear and that worked great.  Car cornered well, went
where it was pointed with minimal sliding.  Tire wear looks nice and even and
they should last several more weekends.  I'd say we have a winner.

Gary