fot

Re: [FOT] Hoosier Speedsters

To: BillB@bnj.com
Subject: Re: [FOT] Hoosier Speedsters
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 13:31:34 EDT
In a message dated 05/22/2006 10:57:33 AM Central Daylight Time,
BillB@bnj.com writes:

> You should consider cranking in a bit of camber if you're going to keep
> using these tires--2.5 to 3 degrees should be helpful and probably
> sufficient. If you're been running only bias ply tires your camber is
> probably close to zero.
> Thanks Bill, I'll show your note to Kevin.
> I HATE the old dunlops, sure wish General racing would allow something else.
> I consider them a little dangerous. Or at least I think they are dangerous
> when idiots like me race with them only on rare occasion and try to push
> them to our normal driving limits.

As a matter of fact, I like DUNLOPs because they look vintage.  Presentation
is important to me.  Tall, skinny tires are true to the period for our cars.
I agree, racing on them is a lot like water skiing, but if all others are
running them (or similar) it levels the playing field for all.  My biggest
reason
for pushing for them is that they are easier on all those old suspension
parts.  It is in our best interests that the tires slip early.  While I am
running
a Southwick rear axle, everything else on my TR3 is 1956.

Bill