fot

RE: [FOT] Hoosier Speedsters

To: "'BillDentin@aol.com'" <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: RE: [FOT] Hoosier Speedsters
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:55:43 -0700
I consider the Monterey Historics to be the most dangerous race I run, in
part because everyone is on Dunlops, and most people are only on Dunlops for
that one race. Lots of spins (especially me) and probably more really
expensive cars damaged than any other race I go to (of course part of the
reason is there are so many great cars there). I breathe a big sigh of
relief when the weekend is over that I haven't centerpunched some
multi-million dollar car spinning in the middle of the corkscrew (as I
nearly did to a Maserati Tipo 61 a few years ago).

I'm certainly not recommending any changes for any of the organizers--I
think the Historics is a tremendous event, and I wouldn't change a thing
about it (well, maybe more track time somehow), but I hate the way Dunlops
feel on my own car (like diddling yourself wearing boxing gloves), and I
keep a close eye on anyone that I know is running them and going fast.

  _____