fot

RE: [FOT] Detroit Locker

To: BillB@bnj.com, jhassall@blacksburg.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [FOT] Detroit Locker
From: "tr4.tony@virgin.net" <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:52:15 +0000 (UTC)
HiI run a Tran X diff in BST82B and it is excellent on both tarmac and loose.
the only issue I ever seem to have is oversteer on tight stuff where the rear
end of the car really steers the car. This is a bit of a problem on tight rally
tests, but on really fast smooth stuff (such as mostly what you folks seem to
do) it just begs me to push on.The only way ive been able to deal with this on
tight courses is to adopt my driving style to more 'point and squirt' with
agressive braking and steering (on tarmac) to send the tail round (sometime
with the handbrake also) - loose is easier as it just responds with power and
steering. The quaife diff in my TR4a is fine for a road car, but I know a guy
with a 6 over here and he had problems with traction shifting across the axle
when he was under power, resulting in some hefty fishtailing which usually
meant he had to withdraw his hoof at some point.Smile when the suns out - we do
over here !RegardsTony