fot

[FOT] Speedster tires

To: "FOT (E-mail)" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [FOT] Speedster tires
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:01:35 -0700
Tried a set of speedsters this weekend. I didn't get to do the test
and tune on Friday, when I expected to figure them out, so I had to
kind of scratch at it. My data is still at the track, but in a
nushell, I found that 2.5 Degrees of Camber is about right, and they
seem to like very low pressure. I'm down to 20.5 pounds cold in the
rears, and 21.0 in the front. At those pressures I'm still a llittle
hot in the middle, with no indication of tread squirm. Going from 22
to 20 (roughly) was good for about two seconds--or maybe that was
just my foot. The treads look very good.

Unfortunately I didn't have time to fully tune them, and I was giving
away too much time to the Pooper--Cameron is basically kicking my ass
this weekend, I'm off my best time at PIR by about three seconds. So
I stuck the Hoosier DOT Radials on so I could at least give him a
competitor. We're running away from the rest of the field. I'm still
slow, but no so boring that Cameron isn't willing to play. We played
the "pass in the chicane" game for the whole race. Great guy to race
with, we can be inches apart and both sliding sideways and we both
know exactly what each other is going to do.

More fun tomorow. Might try the Speedsters again.