fot

Re: [FOT] Panasports

To: m-syork@comcast.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [FOT] Panasports
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:45:42 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/06 11:07:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
m-syork@comcast.net writes:

<< Thanks to all who commented on the torque ratings for my Panasports. I
 tightened the wheels to 65 ft lbs and had no trouble. >>

<< On my partners street car, a 1964 TR-4, he has Panasports and the spec he
got with those was 65 Lb-Ft.  Don't know exactly where he got the spec from.>>

<<(From Tony Drews) I'm not sure how we arrived at these numbers, but we use
65 ft lbs
with 7/16" studs and 75 ft lbs with 1/2" studs.>>

I used Panasports for several years.  Back when I bought mine, you could only
get one offset, causing me to lose some track.  My rain tires are now on
them, and Circle Racing made me some rims that give me a wider track.

The stock Triumph torque for 7/16" is 45 ft-lbs.  Many years ago, we
increased this torque up to 55 ft-lbs. for racing.  For the 1/2" studs on the
front of
the car, I use 85 ft-lbs.  I just copied this value from people at the track,
after I got my aluminum hubs.

Maybe I should reduce the front torque to 75 ft-lb to provide a little more
left over stud strength for pushing slicks around bends.