fot

RE: [FOT] TR3/TR4 Cylinder Liners-Remanufacturing

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] TR3/TR4 Cylinder Liners-Remanufacturing
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:07:43 -0400
The machine shop I use has LOTS experience in the TR3/TR4 wet liner
engine. Probably the most troublesome part of making a high performance
TRactor motor work right is setting the liner heights. The guy who does
this has screwed around with more liners than I will ever see in my
lifetime. He painstakingly swaps figure 8 gaskets, trims liners, you
name it.

When I brought in a set of the 87mm liners Ken Gillanders is having made
in California the whole shop got pretty excited. They had never seen one
before, and seemed impressed with the design and quality. When I went to
pick up my parts, the guy who sets the liner height came out and told me
he had never had a set of liners that took no work at all, until this
set. He said the liner protrusion to my block was perfect. Been running
this set for several years.

In case anybody is interested, they are Precision Automotive in
Simsbury, CT.

I think we have a great product available to us now at $101 each. Joe,
can you make them for less cost?