fot

RE: [FOT] TR3/TR4 Cylinder Liners-Remanufacturing

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [FOT] TR3/TR4 Cylinder Liners-Remanufacturing
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:48:46 -0400
> From: N197TR4@cs.com <mailto:N197TR4@cs.com>
> Subject: Re: [FOT] TR3/TR4 Cylinder Liners-Remanufacturing

> Henry, who has the 'ready to go' $101 liners? Precision or
> Gillanders. Sounds like a bargain.

The liners I was talking about are Ken Gillanders 87mm racing liners, at
$101 each.

> I am no where near to identifying cost or price, as it is just
> something I want to do, especially if no one else is doing it.
> I was thinking $50 exchange, but it is far too early to get
> into that.

Exchange? You are thinking of boring 40 year old liners?

I just reread your original post. By "remanufactured liners", I thought
you meant you were making new. Now I see you are talking about reboring
used liners. Now we are on the same page...

Isn't the stock liner rather thin in the middle for racing purposes?