fot

Re: [FOT] blow-ups

To: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>, William G Rosenbach
Subject: Re: [FOT] blow-ups
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:16:28 -0600
My understanding is the same as yours. However my problem at the
moment is trying to identify which filters have a relief valve, and
at what pressure they relieve. Uncle Ken Gillanders just plugs the
hole, but then he lives in sunny California, so he doesn't count ;)
I'd like to use a bypassing filter if it opens at the proper
pressure. But that means that I have to noodle out what the proper
pressure would be. I'd like to find an oil filter company's site that
has a technical contact line.

At 08:58 AM 12/1/2006, EDWARD BARNARD wrote:
>I assumed it was a function of the relief valve built into the
>spin-on filter. Have I ass u me'd incorrectly group? Thanks - Ed
>
>William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com> wrote:  What system does
>Ford or other manufacturers use that allows them to fit
>non-bypassing oil filters to their engines. The two styles of filters are
>clearly not meant to interchange as they have different threads. I bought
>a non-bypassing remote filter mount years back, but could not bring
>myself to fit it to anything designed to use a bypassing filter, and
>never sorted down what allowed for a non-bypass filter.
>Bill
>70 GT-6+
>

>=== Help keep Team.Net on the air
>=== http://www.team.net/donate.html