fot

Re: [Fot] Plane & dragster motors: Deep thoughts

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>, "Michael Porter"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Plane & dragster motors: Deep thoughts
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 18:03:20 -0500
Two years ago I got a ride in the Yankee Air Museum's B25D "Yankee Warrior",
the oldest flyable B25 in the world.  It was without doubt the loudest moving
vehicle I have ever been in.  The B25 used Wright R2600s of 1600hp each, which
were not turbocharged, so imagine sitting just a few feet from all those
exhaust stacks!  Glorious!!!

Terry Stetler