fot

Re: [Fot] Source needed for single-flare brake lines

To: triosan@gmail.com, jrherrera90@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Source needed for single-flare brake lines
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:47:32 EST
OK all, I have this here crow in my hand & I'm fixing to bite his head  of
iff'n I have to...

Reference DOT FAA "Aircraft Inspection & Repair", calls out double  flare 37
degree on soft material, single flare on hard.
Carroll Smith takes it a step further on page #207 in "screw to win" &
places people like me under the "fool" category... (I've been told that before)
 &
advises NOT to use the AN818/9 to adapt 45 JIC to 37 AN, but this is
referring to a SINGLE flare end. I would suggest that the double flare, due to
the
extra thickness, likely allows more deformation so as to provide a  leakproof
seal? Also I consider automotive grade bundy tube to be fairly "soft"  until it
is work hardened.
When I spoke with Pegasus tech today, I was very clear with my question  &
the reply was that this is completely acceptable. Those who know me know  that
try to do my best & I truly have not had problems using this  method for many
years, but I'll admit that just because something works doesn't  necessarily
mean that it's "right".
Does anybody else do this?
All input is appreciated,
Glen