fot

Re: [Fot] Source needed for single-flare brake lines

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Source needed for single-flare brake lines
From: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:02:22 -0800
The point with JIC/AN/37 degree single flares with tube nuts and tube
sleeves is that the flare does not do the sealing.  The tube sleeve applies
stretch/push aginst the flare, sealing it to the mail fitting.  Reusable as
the flare does not disotrt.  I have made hindreds of AN3, 4 and 6 JIC flares
with the Aircraft Spruce single flare 37 degree flaring tool in both steel
and aluminum tubing.  To my knowledge, none have ever leaked or cracked.
Chuck

--
Chuck Arnold