fot

Re: [Fot] titanium rods

To: <billb@bnj.com>, <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] titanium rods
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:47:28 -0400
Current Formula 1 V8s are turning 20,000 rpm for qualifying, and 19,000rpm
during the race.

Back when they were "only" turning 15,000 to 16,000 Ferrari's block service
life was 1000km, at which point they were changed out.  The culprit?
Sonically induced microfracturing.

Isn't technology grand?

Terry Stetler