fot

[Fot] MOTRAH-007 aftermath

To: jeffj@centuryrefining.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] MOTRAH-007 aftermath
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 15:45:14 EDT
Jeff Johnk!

What a great gentleman in this MOTRAH-007 organizational effort. Thanks!

And thanks for getting John Sprinzel to us!

I understand that you will be taking a year off after two years of organizing
these events.....the 2006 Healey Tour, and now Motrah-007.

Looking forward to the next combined Triumph/Healey Meeting.

Yup, Tony was The Man of the Hour at MOTRAH-007....I wonder where he gets it
from?

Jeff Johnk....great organizer and great family man!  THANK YOU!

Hats off from the FoT!

Joe (A)

> Hi MOTRAH racers,
>     I am FINALLY getting a chance to say thanks to all the race participants
> of MOTRAH. The Healey guys had a great time mixing it up with the Triumphs
> and Morgan's. Personally I had several good dices with Triumphs, especially
> with Tony Drew. Can that boy drive! I did all the math: He has 2138 cc's and
> four cylinders, I have 2920 cc's and six cylinders yet he kicked my butt in
>the
> straights.... in the corners... under braking... pretty much everywhere! Big
> Healy's do not slow down well and I knew I was losing a lot of time to him
> under braking so I tried to brake later and deeper as the MOTRAH race
> progressed, especially into Canada corner he always managed to be right on my
>trunk
> handle at Canada corner. On about lap 3, I knew I had to pull all the stops
> out so I mustered my courage(by closing my eyes), kept my right foot planted
>on
> the gas and waited to brake until I saw the good Lord (as they say), than
> waited until I saw the Devil, than until I smelled fire and
>brimstone(actually
> it was my brand new Hosiers flat spotting) AND STILL Tony appeared on the
> inside and eventually passed me. WHAT a great driver Tony is! Great Fun!
>     I would like to clear up one vicious rumor that has been circulating,
> that is the lie that I paid the grid personal $10 to be grid in front of
>Tony.
> This is absolutely false and an affront to my respect for grid personal.......
>  it was $20.
>     Had a great time racing with you all and looking forward to racing with
> you all in the future. See you at the KIC!
>         Healey 28,
>             Jeff Johnk

   </HTML>