fot

Re: [Fot] MOTRAH-007 aftermath

To: <N197TR4@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] MOTRAH-007 aftermath
From: "Jeff Johnk" <jeffj@centuryrefining.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 14:35:56 -0500
Hi MOTRAH racers,
    I am FINALLY getting a chance to say thanks to all the race participants
of MOTRAH. The Healey guys had a great time mixing it up with the Triumphs and
Morgan's. Personally I had several good dices with Triumphs, especially with
Tony Drew. Can that boy drive! I did all the math: He has 2138 cc's and four
cylinders, I have 2920 cc's and six cylinders yet he kicked my butt in the
straights.... in the corners... under braking... pretty much everywhere! Big
Healy's do not slow down well and I knew I was losing a lot of time to him
under braking so I tried to brake later and deeper as the MOTRAH race
progressed, especially into Canada corner he always managed to be right on my
trunk handle at Canada corner. On about lap 3, I knew I had to pull all the
stops out so I mustered my courage(by closing my eyes), kept my right foot
planted on the gas and waited to brake until I saw the good Lord (as they
say), than waited until I saw the Devil, than until I smelled fire and
brimstone(actually it was my brand new Hosiers flat spotting) AND STILL Tony
appeared on the inside and eventually passed me. WHAT a great driver Tony is!
Great Fun!
    I would like to clear up one vicious rumor that has been circulating, that
is the lie that I paid the grid personal $10 to be grid in front of Tony. This
is absolutely false and an affront to my respect for grid personal.......
 it was $20.
    Had a great time racing with you all and looking forward to racing with
you all in the future. See you at the KIC!
        Healey 28,
            Jeff Johnk