fot

Re: [Fot] Brake PDWA block

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake PDWA block
From: "Randall" <RYoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:37:26 -0700
> I hate to hit the FOT list with this question that has
> already been talked about so much before.  I wish I had
> remembered what was said and the advice given at the
> time....but at the time I had never had a problem with this
> device.  I now expect that this "splitter" is what is causing
> by left front to lock-up much sooner than the right, of
> course causing a hard pull to the left.

Guess it depends on what car we're talking about; but AFAIK the PDWA never
limits or changes the flow of fluid, even when the piston is off to one side
(activating the switch).

One way to be sure would be to remove the piston, and reassemble with a
pressure plug in place of the switch.  Purely a temporary measure, as this
will mean that any leak will totally disable the hydraulic brakes
(effectively reverting to a single-circuit system), but at least then you
could go on to find the real problem.

> All of you need to get some stock in DOT 5
> brake fluid if I have to do this many more times.

Likely you know this, but TRF sells quart bottles for a reasonable price.

Randall