fot

Re: [Fot] Brake PDWA block

To: don@carterdesignassociates.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake PDWA block
From: "Shane Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 15:24:50 -0400
Hi Don,

My $0.02.  Could the DOT 5 fluid be the cause, I mean, if there
is air/water in the RF caliper could this cause the LF to lock earlier?

My next suggestion would be to replace the PDWA with a T-junction
and a proportioning valve.

Shane Ingate

PS Getting quotes for an enclosed truck to move Rags from MD to NM.
$2,000, yowee!  :(

Don Carter asked:

I hate to hit the FOT list with this question that has already been talked
about so much before.  I wish I had remembered what was said and the advice
given at the time....but at the time I had never had a problem with this
device.  I now expect that this "splitter" is what is causing by left front
to lock-up much sooner than the right, of course causing a hard pull to the
left.  All other components seem to work fine when I check them.  All my TR
buds including a couple of FOTers think it must be the PDWA.  Would some of
you that don't mind repeating yourselves, please give me the skinny on this
problem.  What is my alternatives for a TR6 that I drive both for autoX and
some street use?  I am about to try new o-rings (again) to see if that will
help.  All of you need to get some stock in DOT 5 brake fluid if I have to
do this many more times.