fot

Re: [Fot] Brake PDWA block

To: Don Carter <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Brake PDWA block
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:50:58 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

If the front left is locking up, you either have a problem with the right
caliper or there's a problem with the hydraulics going to the front right,
e.g. you're not getting the same hydraulic pressure on both sides.

There could also be a suspension problem that results in no or less weight
transfer to the front left - and the wheel would lock because it's not
loaded, but that would  or should also result in very strange handling.

Another possible problem would be a warped or cracked front left rotor,
but this should also result in pulses in the brake pedal.

I seriously doubt that the PDWA could cause one side of the car to lock
before the other. If you look at the circuit, it's M/C to PDWA and then
PDWA to either the front or the rear. There's nothing there to effect
side-to-side haydraulics.

I'd verify that both right front caliper pistons move and then go from
there.

regards,
rml