fot

Re: [Fot] Shipping cars

To: hottr6@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Shipping cars
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:15:09 EDT
Amici...

I think I know where that came from.  FedEx bought PASSPORT TRANSPORT,
previously started and owned by Bob Pass, who was a very active vintage racer
years
ago.  I think he was even a part owner of SVRA at one time.  I remember he had
a cute daughter who worked the SVRA registration counter.  His headquarters
was in St. Louis, and he was instrumental in several Joe Marchetti events being
held at the old Gateway circuit (named the GATEWAY HISTORICS at the time).
Neat events, but the headquarters hotel (where a concourse was held and Ole
Blue won a trophy) was 45 minutes away from the track.  A great hotel, in a
neat
area, but too far from the track.

Bill Dentinger