fot

Re: [Fot] Shipping cars

To: hottr6@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Shipping cars
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:17:45 EDT
In a message dated 9/24/2007 12:02:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hottr6@hotmail.com writes:

I  requested
several quotes and decided to go with Fedex Custom Critical  (yeah, Fedex
ships cars!).  There were penalties for having a  non-running car, so the
cost came to about $2K.

But this was not  door-to-door.  The rig is 85' long and could not negotiate
the narrow  streets near the DC-MD border where I lived, so I had to flatbed
the car  to meet the truck.  At the other end, the rig would get stuck in the

canyon I am in, so I am renting a storage unit and Rags is living there  for
the time being.

As stated, the rig was huge.  Dennis, the  driver, was a petrol-head and
loves cars.  The trailer with all its  hydraulics and bluetooth enabled
ramps/jacks etc alone cost $160K.   Very impressive.  Got the car loaded.  6
days later, it arrives  absolutely unmarked and spotless.  Even though I
drained the fluids  from Rags, it of course had to leave its mark in the rig,
but all the car  spaces in the rig had oil collection places so no harm done.

All in  all, a great experience.  I would highly recommend Fedex Custom
Critical should you ever need to ship your pride and  joy.

The reason FEDEX does such a great job is that they bought out Passport
Transport from Robert Pass. It is the same trucks, drivers, etc. just different

paint. It may cost a little more, but you certainly don't have to worry.

Robert started this industry and FedEx carries on his legacy. No one ever
did it better.

Jack Woehrle