fot

Re: [Fot] Triumph World

To: JOSEPH HUGHES <tr5racer@btinternet.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Triumph World
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:58:35 -0500
Hi!

I have written the From USA column since day one (April 1995) and
indeed Tony was the editor all that time.  When the magazine was sold
to Kelsey a year or so back, the frequency was increased and Tony
told me that they would be alternating my column with the Down Under
one and I should write one about half the length.  Then, the length
was to stay the same and then -- Tony was let go, much to everyone's
surprise -- especially Tony.

New editor Ted contacted all of the then current contributors and let
them know what the new compensation package was.  Guess what?  Nearly
everyone said no thanks!  I contributed a couple of shorter columns
and they ran two of them.  I didn't see my name listed among the
contributors last issue, but got a somewhat confusing email today,
which implied I should keep sending in material.

I also still hear from Tony on occasion.  His brother lives up the
road in Carmel (Indiana) and he stops by when he is visiting.  Tony's
background is  interestingly in American custom cars.  How he and I
got the Triumph World jobs makes a pretty strange tale.

In the past I have tried to highlight the FoT with some historical
and some race reporting.  I have enjoyed the interaction and hope
that I will still function in this capacity.  Thanks for your past
input and I hope to be back asking questions as things become more
clear.  Ted assures me the magazine is not in financial trouble, but
as Mike indicates only time will tell.

Brett Johnson
Indianapolis