fot

Re: [Fot] roller rockers and head flow

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, "Terry and Cindy"
Subject: Re: [Fot] roller rockers and head flow
From: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 16:44:17 -0800
Years ago  a sharp machinist in Long Beach, CA did what he called a spherical
seat on the intake of my Matchless G80CS desert sled (single cylinder 500cc
motorcycle) Gave it a noticeable power boost with no apparent change in the
power band. I always figure an improvement you can feel with the seat of your
pants is at least 10%. The "spherical seat" was just a curved seat--no
angles--that was lapped by hand to seat the valve.