fot

Re: [Fot] roller rockers and head flow

To: "Ted Schumacher" <tedtsimx@bright.net>, "Richard Good"
Subject: Re: [Fot] roller rockers and head flow
From: "U K MOTORSPORTS" <tr6racer21@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 16:52:38 -0500
On our current race motor for the TR6 we bored the lifter holes for ford
lifters...Ted is correct...the lifter bores are not perpendicular to the
block face....What we did is used a CNC machine and wrote a program to do
the job...the blocks are between 1 and 2 thousands from one to another
using the locating tabs on the pan flange surface...aside from calculating
the degree of offset, each hole center was found, and lastly the lifter
directly in front of the cam drive needs to be moved forward about 25 thou
when using the 875 lifters...it is also important to do aprox. a .900 or so
cut initially in the very top of the bore to remove the webbing curve to
give a flat face to start the boring process and get a clean cut and not
destroy your bit...Chip