fot

Re: [Fot] Moss Customer Service

To: Geoff Byrne <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>, FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Moss Customer Service
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 04:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
Geoff: Being a Moss distributor may give me a different track than your own,
but contact the salesperson named on the top of your invoice. If I ever have a
problem...short parts, too many parts, quality, etc, I contact my salesperson
(Stu Bowman) and he makes it right. Moss has always made every effort to make
things right and have always accepted my feedback about the quality of their
parts
  Thanks - Ed.

Geoff Byrne <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au> wrote:
  Amici
Have any of you had experience getting a complaint re parts quality dealt with
by the Moss . Some time back i purchased a TR3 gearbox input shaft spigot bush
which was part of a large order. On attempting to fit the bush I found it to
be over size in OD , under size in ID and the OD and ID were not concentric
.
Both the input shaft and main shaft are original parts
The material appears to be brass not bronze as required . It shows signs of
poor machining . The bush was a piece of junk and I ended up purchasing one
locally. I wrote to the Moss immediately and appraised them of the problem and
suggest they check the rest of their stock of this item to avoid other
complaints . in spite of 3 follow up emails i have had no reply.
have others had similar problems with service from the Moss and any suggestion
to get some satisfaction
Geoff Byrne
TR6 Racer Down Under
Fot mailing list