fot

Re: [Fot] Moss Customer Service

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Moss Customer Service
From: herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 11:31:09 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Preiss <spreiss@verizon.net>

Geoff
Had a similar experience with The Roadster Factory regarding molded
rubber
parts (i.e. shift boots and tie rod end gaiters).

==AM==
My most notable such experience with TRF was EXTREMELY SATISFACTORY. I
bought a pair of their own tie rod ends for a Spitfire (with the grease
fitting on top). With the first set I received, both tie rod ends were
actually cast / machined / drilled / threaded significantly off-center;
they 'wobbled' greatly as I tried to thread them onto the tie rod. Not
good. I contacted TRF and was given (no charge, of course) another
pair, which was fine. Approximately six months later, I discovered that
the boots on the tie rod ends had already cracked (this while the car
sat awaiting other work). Again I contacted TRF and was sent a
replacement pair of rubber boots by return post.

I have had a similar experience with Moss USA. I truly believe that the
best suppliers will listen and WILL ACT appropriately in such
circumstances.

==AM==

One other thought. When dealing with the companies, if we identified
ourselves as members of FOT, we may get better service, and ultimately
cause
them to pay more attention to the quality of their parts. I am certain
that
the specs they submit to their suppliers both here and overseas are
based on
a very loose standard. (No pun intended)

==AM==
I think I know what you're saying...or maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
Anyway, I think I might want to disagree. If perhaps some of us might
be more articulate in explaining why we feel a given item is inferior,
then ok. But I don't feel that any of us is somehow more deserving than
any other Triumph driver. ;-)

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>