fot

Re: [Fot] Moss Customer Service

To: "Geoff Byrne" <gkbyrne@optushome.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Moss Customer Service
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:29:39 +1100
Geoff
Had a similar experience with The Roadster Factory regarding molded rubber
parts (i.e. shift boots and tie rod end gaiters). Wound up sending a letter
to the owner, which brought satisfaction of a sort, but not before having to
reiterate the issues with him over the phone. Even then he was defensive. My
thought is that much of what is sold by these companies is based less on
quality than on inventory. When you think about it, most restoration
projects see little actual use. Most projects seemingly never even get
completed! If pressed, they will refund your money. That does not solve the
problem, unfortunately. I think it would be a great service if we (FOT)
would undertake the compilation of a list of suppliers by specific
components, those which members have found to be of superior, or at least
acceptable quality.
One other thought. When dealing with the companies, if we identified
ourselves as members of FOT, we may get better service, and ultimately cause
them to pay more attention to the quality of their parts. I am certain that
the specs they submit to their suppliers both here and overseas are based on
a very loose standard. (No pun intended)
Steve P.