fot

Re: [Fot] crank dampers 6 cyl

To: <roadandtrack@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] crank dampers 6 cyl
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 19:20:50 -0400
Terry O'Bierne asked:

> I'm on the hunt for s silicone/viscous/fluid filled damper for the front of
> a TR6 crank.

I believe Richard Good (Goodparts) sells modified ATI dampers for the TR6.
Usual disclaimers apply.

>From my V8 days, I can absolutely attest that good dampers are very
expensive, but worth every penny.  On our cooked-spaghetti TR6 cranks, a
very-high quality dampener is a must.

Having said that, my TR6 is running a stock dampener, but then again, I've
not yet wrung its neck.  That will not happen until I get a new dampener.

Shane Ingate in NM