fot

Re: [Fot] EBC Turbo Groove Brake Rotors

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] EBC Turbo Groove Brake Rotors
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 21:42:05 GMT
Bill, I know that you race with SCCA.  Drilled and/or slotted rotors are not
allowed in SCCA, unless the car was originally equipped with them.  Joe(B)

-- WEmery7451@aol.com wrote:
Dear FOT,

Recently, we installed the TR-4 front suspension on the TR-3.  The Roadster
Factory seem to show only these fancy gold color grooved brake rotors for the
TR-4 in their new catalogs.  My thoughts were that these rotors would be an
upgrade to the stock steel rotors.  We started installing the grooved rotors
wh
en
it was suddenly noticed in the manufacture's instructions: "Do not use  these
rotors for racing."

My thoughts are how can these rotors be an upgrade if you can't race with
them, and you can race with the steel rotors.  The Roadster Factory
representative recommended that I go ahead and use the grooved rotors,
because
they are
much better than the steel rotors.  My concern is that someone at Tech.
Inspection might be familiar with the instructions for the grooved rotors and
ail the
car.  I ordered a new pair of the original steel brake rotors, and they are
now on the car.

Does anyone on the list have recommendations, thoughts, or opinions
concerning these grooved rotors?

You are subscribed as jaboruch@netzero.net