fot

Re: [Fot] Cost of diesel [was Oil - Since Triumphs Drip...

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Cost of diesel [was Oil - Since Triumphs Drip...
From: Andrew Mace <herald948@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 14:51:26 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>

Joe mused:
>  So If I will be commuting, I have to find another vehicle that gets
considerably better mileage.

Randall replied:

Just a thought, Joe, why not buy (or build) a Spit for the street ?

==AM==
My thoughts exactly. Grab a good 1500 with OD, maybe even go to a 3.63
or 3.27 diff as well to keep revs down, and you probably would be able
to average low to mid-30s for MPG without trying. ;-)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant for The Vintage
Triumph Register <http://www.vtr.org>

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>