fot

Re: [Fot] EGT readings

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] EGT readings
From: Bill Babcock <billbab@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 09:36:43 -0700
How high is up? there are too many factors to be able to answer that
question. The burn flame temperature in a typical engine is 3000-3500
degrees. That cools rapidly as the gas expands out the exhaust port
but that's where it starts. At the end of the exhaust pipe, even a
relatively short one, the temperature is only 200 degrees or
thereabouts. EGT is a relative indication.

That said, you probably have an air leak.

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com
503.936.7660