fot

Re: [Fot] EGT readings

To: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>,<fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] EGT readings
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:48:15 -0500
I routinely run 1400 degrees both front and rear in my TR-4 with
correct probe placement.  I used to run higher than that due to not
enough spark advance.  Front and rear should be close to each other, though.

In the TR-4 it's more the water temp that causes valves to stick in
the head and hit the piston and drop the little head off of the valve.

- Tony