fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer

To: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 06:33:31 -1000
A lot of that kind of stuff gets hand built. Tony Garmey does
beautiful pieces to solve problems like that. It's not cheap though,
but you'll wind up with a catch tank that you can put in the living
room to stare at during the off season. Tony runs Horizon Racing:
horizonracing@msn.com

On Mar 18, 2009, at 6:27 AM, Glenn Franco wrote:

> Group
>
> My Spitfire (72) has limited open space under the bonnet to mount a
> catch tank for my oil blow by. The standard run  of the mill
> vertical tanks don't package (not enough room).
> I'm looking for a more horizontal unit that will sit on the shelf
> just above the firewall/dash panel. My panel has been replaced with
> a horizontal and vertical sheet  of aluminum and is continuous from
> left to right of vehicle. The space between the shelf and bonnet is
> not more than 7". Left and right of the engine is crowed due to the
> forward bracing from the roll cage to the front suspension uprights
> and frame.
> I have searched the usual sources online and ordered a vertical unit
> from Summit. Nothing fits!
> I'm looking for a rectangular or round low profile round tank no
> more vertical than 6". I've seen some examples that would fit buy
> have no idea who supplied them.
>
> Any ideas or do I have to have to make one?

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com
503.936.7660