fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer

To: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>, "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer
From: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:46:32 -0400
Thanks for the suggestions on the catch tank location.

The area behind the left rear wheel well in the boot is pretty open and
sounds like it would work for coolant.
Still looking for something for an oil catch. I think the oil would pool
in the line if the catch tank was back in the boot.

Attached are two photo's of the space I have to work with. Note there is
no battery tray in the dash panel. Max height including the breather
can't go beyond 7".
Those reading from the list will not see the photo's.

Thanks in Advance
Glenn Franco
72 Spit Racer

Bill Babcock wrote:
> A lot of that kind of stuff gets hand built. Tony Garmey
> does beautiful pieces to solve problems like that. It's not cheap
> though, but you'll wind up with a catch tank that you can put in the
> living room to stare at during the off season. Tony runs Horizon
> Racing:  horizonracing@msn.com <mailto:horizonracing@msn.com>
>
> On Mar 18, 2009, at 6:27 AM, Glenn Franco wrote:
>

> Bill Babcock
> Babcock & Jenkins
> Billb@bnj.com
> 503.936.7660