fot

Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer

To: sbarr@McCarty-Law.com, gaf3@charter.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil Catch Tank for a Spitfire Racer
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:04:21 EDT
In a message dated 03/18/2009 10:36:32 AM Central Standard Time,
sbarr@McCarty-Law.com writes:

> This Canton part fits in my battery box - barely (see attached pic,
> sorry the rest of you won't get it).  I have to operate the drain
> petcock on the bottom with a screwdriver and the top is quite close to
> the underside of the bonnet, but it fits and looks nice.  Spendy,
> though.

Amici...

Bob Wismer arrives at SEBRING today with our Tornado TR3 Thunder Bolt.  On
that car we actually moved the whole coolant catch tank under the car and
behind
the left rear wheel.  I know that sounds weird, but there's plenty of room
back there, and it works for us.  We just have to remember to 'check it' after
sessions.

Our issue was that car does over heat sometimes, and while we had plenty of
room for the catch tank under the bonnet, we always seemed to end up water
skiing on our own slop when it was up front...so we moved it.  Now the people
behind us (when and if there is somebody) get to deal with that.

Lot of our stuff is weird, but no one has more fun than we do.

Bill (Damdinger)